Monday, January 10, 2011

An Introduction: Who I Am, What I'm Here For, etc.

My name is Dave Kocinski, 20-year old student at Pitt-Greensburg. I've changed my major 3 times already; the most current one, and one that I really plan on sticking with throughout the rest of my time in college, is English Writing. I plan on sticking with it because I actually enjoy writing many things: articles, poems, stories, etc.

Though I may be a Writing major, my biggest passion is music. It's always been a part of my life, ever since I was a little kid. I started learning drums when I was 10, and since then I've learned to play, aside from drums, the keyboard, some guitar, and bass guitar. Oh, and I try to sing too. Haha, that's a different topic for a different time.

I listen to a little bit of everything, for the most part. I mainly listen to rock, hardcore, progressive rock, and metal. Aside from those, I also enjoy indie rock, dubstep, and some hip-hop, among others that aren't coming to mind. I'm sorry, but I really don't like country music, just to toss out there.

This blog includes many things music-related; such as recent news (with my opinions about them), recent album reviews, bands I find cool that you might enjoy too, among many other subjects. Who knows, you may see a random, off-topic post from me here and there for good measure.

But that's all for now. Any questions or anything of that nature, comment on this. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Nice voice, Dave!

    I'm thinking you can do something more focused with the idea of bass line -- maybe use it in a kind of "bottom line" way. After each post, you could write a sum-up or capsule review and call it the Bass Line. It might be a way to give your blog more definitive structure. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally there's someone out there besides me who will listen to anything other than country!

    ReplyDelete